Hi friends! I have been super super busy ever since Friday night (with lack of photos to prove it—sorry)! Here’s a quick recap:
- Completed a 7 mile run in 55 minutes. Not too shabby considering i was feeling Friday night’s margarita 😦
- Babysit/potty trained Eric’s little sister Ashley. Boy was that a challenge.
- Eric and I took Ashley for an outing at Whole Foods. She was a complete ANGEL (keep in mind she is 3 years old). We ate a vegan crumble donut (holy yum) and I drank a Synergy.
- We made pizzas, kale chips and sweet potatoes for dinner, followed by a lovely spontaneous smores making fest outside by the fire.
- Ran 5 miles
- Ate far too much food at the super bowl party at Eric’s dad’s house. Thankfully most of it was veggies, but I was beyond bloated! Oh, and there may or may not have been a million handfuls of chex mix as well.
- Busy day at work, barely sat down to eat. I had a breakfast cookie for breakfast (enjoyed while reading the latest US Weekly with great Bachelor gossip
- I later had an apple for snack, the last black bean tofu taco for lunch, greek yogurt mess for dinner.
- Ran an early 4.7 miles before heading to work.
- Had a green smoothie (my Shake and Take BROKE!! What am I to do!—had to use the food processor—maybe it’s time for a blender?)
- Munched on some blueberries for a snack
- Busy day at work yet again. Had brown rice, tofu and steamed veggies for lunch. All tossed in a Trader Joe’s yellow curry sauce (iPhone photo-sorry)!
- A pear for a snack
And we come to a screeeeeccching halt to Wednesday (today). Phew. Honestly this week has gone by SO fast because I have been so busy and stressed at work. It’s funny. I look forward to my early morning runs because I know that is time solely for me. No interruptions (I mean who is going to interrupt me at 5:30AM?), and just me and my music. Given that, I can’t wait for tomorrow’s run!
This morning I woke up and made myself yet another breakfast cookie. I just can’t deviate away from these! They are simple, filling and super tasty! Today I topped it with almond butter and sliced bananas. Nom nom.
I stopped into Starbucks for a coffee with steamed soy milk foam on my way to work and was pleasantly surprised to see these super cute V-Day cups!! It’s for the Starbucks Love Project (part of Project Red). I love it!
I plugged away at work but around 10AM I found myself hungry! I always find myself hungry on days after I work out. It’s so strange! It’s as though my hunger takes a day to catch up with me. So I had 1/2 c greek yogurt, and some puffins, trail mix and Kashi go-lean mixed in.
I am working on actually looking at and measuring out portion sizes, because I think I usually pour myself much more than is needed!
For lunch I had one of my new favorite things. Trader Joe’s Veggie Tofu burgers. These things are AMAZING. They are more on the expensive side. I think for 2 patties it costs about $3 or so, but hey, they are tasty. I made an open faced sandwich with ketchup and mustard with some grape tomatoes and zucchini on the side.
I know this does not look very appetizing, but trust me, it really is. I gulped down this Trader Joe’s Sparkling Mixed Berry Water along side lunch.
I love sparking waters. The carbonation keeps me fuller longer!
So I do believe its time to show you all what I am currently lusting over. I know it’s been a while since I’ve had this segment in my blog, but it really is one of my favorite things to post about! Besides food and running of course 🙂
#1. Thanks to my friend Natalie, I am currently lusting over these Lululemon Spirit Tights. Now, I have in no way shape or form actually seen or tried these on, but I am convinced that they will make my running experience 100 times better.
*Photo courtesy of http://www.lululemon.com* These are so adorable, and honestly, don’t they make you want to go running?
#2. MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Gansevoort’ Platform Sandal. These are the shoes that I must have for spring. I love the height and the beautiful nude color with the rich gold hardware.
*photo courtesy of nordstrom.com*
#3. The North Face TKA 100 Masonic Hoodie Fleece. Since I am going to Europe in 36 days (EEEKKK!!), I really want to keep warm! Especially because I plan to explore the cities by running! I love that this jacket has thumb holes to keep my hands warm without wearing gloves!
*photo courtesy of travel country.com*
#4. Amazing Grass Chocolate Green Super Food. (or any flavor of Amazing Grass for that matter). Yes, I lust over food—constantly. This stuff is so fantastic. It does not have the grassy taste whatsoever. I like to put this in my green monsters after a nice long run, or just mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk if I feel the need for a detox. I’m also thinking about baking with it in the near future!
Check out this information from Amazing Grass’ website:
A full spectrum of alkalizing green superfoods, antioxidant rich fruits, and support herbs unite with organic Acai, Maca and Cacao to provide a powerful dose of whole food nutrition with a delicious dark chocolate taste. Complete with pre & probiotics and digestive enzymes to ensure rapid nutrient absorption and healthy digestion.
#5. Hue Skinny Jeanz Leggings. Okay, so I’m pretty sure I’ve been lusting over these for a few months now. Maybe I just need to suck it up and buy them??
#6. The fabulous little flower Eric and I have been taking care of for six week! It’s beautiful! It started out as a tiny little bud. And now its a beautiful living thing! It was our first step taking care of something together!
And that my friends, is what I currently am lusting over.
Stay tuned tomorrow for a fun running topic!